Record prices across power and gas, but at what cost?
September 15, 2021
Jeremy Nicholson, Jason Durden
In this week’s UK energy market podcast we talk to Alfa’s Jason Durden about record energy prices, why increases are unrelenting and which industries are most challenged.
In this week’s Resonance you will learn:
- Structural tensions in the balancing process leading to high and difficult prices
- Why the market is working, but its design might be enabling participants to maximise advantage
- Why there are four to five fold increases in UK power prices compared to competing European nations
- Which industries are likely to be unduly impacted by the current challenges
- Potential consequences to UK PLC if action is not taken
- The impact on suppliers